From ancient temples to skyscrapers, Japan seamlessly fuses the historic with the futuristic. Experience the vibrant street life and 24/7 buzz of Tokyo; Soak up the ancient culture of Kyoto, the cultural heart of the country; Delve into the history of the Samurai in the ancient city of Kamakura.
Trip duration: 9 nights, 10 days
Great for: Couples, families, and solo travel
Trip style: Culture, foodie
- Touch down in Tokyo and hit the bustling streets with a tour of the fascinating Tsukji Fish Market to sample the freshest sushi.
- Head to Asakusa to view the Senso-ji, Tokyo’s oldest and most significant temple.
- Tech lovers will enjoy a stop off at Akihabara, a major electronic, anime, games and otaku shopping district.
- Indulge in Tokyo's secret food destinations: the depachika (food halls) on a food tour through the basements of Tokyo's major department stores.
- Take a day trip to Kamakura, the seaside resort town just an hour south of Tokyo, which was once the political center of medieval Japan to stand in the shadow of the nearly 45 feet tall Great Buddha.
- Hop on a legendary bullet train and make your way to serene Kyoto, the cultural heart of the country, and home to over 1600 temples.
- Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony.
- Explore the beautiful Gion district, where you may spot some geiko (Kyoto Geisha) or an apprentice maiko scuttling off for their morning lesson.
- Don an authentic Ninja costume and handle a variety of distinctive Ninja weapons such as throwing stars and blowguns.
- Indulge your taste buds in one of dozens of Michelin starred restaurants throughout the country.
Want more information? Contact us at 847.868.4502